Monday, January 23, 2012

Respect and Honor

I have a bracelet that I wear every day. It says "Respect and Honor". I use it as a daily reminder to treat the women in my life with the respect and honor that they deserve.
In case you hadn't already figured it out, this post is about respect and honor.

Every day, people show a startling apathy towards other people of the opposite sex. I say something needs to be done about that.
God created men and women to live in harmony with each other, to fill needs in each other that they didn't even know were there.

Men-
Always, always, ALWAYS show kindness and chivalry towards the women in your life. The small things make all the difference. Strive to treat the women in your life with the same chivalry and dignity that you would treat someone else's wife, because they are someone else's future wife. You may think to yourself, "But what if fill-in-the-blank actually is my future wife?" Well, then, still treat her as though she belongs to someone else, because she does. Until she is married, she belongs to (and is the daughter of) God Himself, and believe me, as scary as some girls' older brothers or fathers can be, God created them and put that drive to protect their women in their hearts. That shielding originated from Him. What does that say about God?
I'm not trying to scare you off from ever being in a relationship, but remember, that woman is a priceless jewel that God has place in your life. Don't mar and devalue her to where her future husband (even if it s you) cannot fully appreciate her worth.

"A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies." -Proverbs 31:10

Women-
Don't settle for anything less than the very best. You don't need to flaunt yourself to get attention, though so often, it is portrayed that that's the only way. If you are willing to wait and keep yourself untainted by the impurities life will throw at you, you will meet a man who is willing to treat you like the princess you are. God knows what you need, even if you don't, and He will provide. He loves you and wants the very best for you, so please, protect your heart until the very best comes to you.
Until you know what or who the very best is for you, please, protect yourself. Don't allow yourself to be devalued and belittled by those who merely want to use you. God will provide the best, and He will do it to His own timing.
I don't know when God will reveal to you the very best, but I can promise you that if you actively guard your heart and seek God through it all, He will give you all the strength you need to wait it out.

I know that this is being posted as Valentine's Day is coming up, but that's just a coincidence. I felt like I should send this message out to all who have yet to meet their future spouse.

God bless.

1 comment:

  1. Good focus!

    I came to your blog from Jon Acuff’s site. He has created a tremendous forum for sharing our blogs and impacting more people with them.

    I hope my blog can be an encouragement to you also.

    I write it for encouragement and motivation daily.

    http://i-never-fail.blogspot.com

    Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to watching the connections grow!

    ReplyDelete